Trinity Lutheran Church is a Christian community committed to sharing the message of Jesus Christ through worship,
fellowship & service.
We are Christians first and Lutherans second. As a church associated with the Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ, we are free in Christ, accountable to one another, rooted in the Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions and working together to fulfill Christ’s Great Commission to go and make disciples of all nations.
Statement of Faith
We believe, teach, and confess the Triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the Word of God incarnate, through whom everything was made and through whose life, death, and resurrection God fashions a new creation.
- The proclamation of God’s message to us as both law and gospel is the Word of God, revealing judgment and mercy in the person and work of Jesus Christ through whom God was pleased to reconcile all things to himself.
- The canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God. Inspired by God’s Spirit speaking through their authors, they record and announce God’s revelation centering in Jesus Christ. Through them God’s Spirit speaks to us to create and sustain Christian faith and fellowship for service in the world.
We believe, teach, and accept the canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the inspired Word of God and the sole authoritative source and norm of our proclamation, faith, and life.
We accept the Apostles’, Nicene, and Athanasian Creeds as true declarations of the scriptural faith we believe, teach, and confess.
We believe, teach, and confess the other confessional writings in the Book of Concord namely, the Apology of the Augsburg Confession, the Smalcald Articles, the Treatise, the Large Catechism, and the Formula of Concord, as further valid expositions of the Holy Scriptures.
We believe, teach, and confess the gospel, recorded in the Holy Scriptures and confessed in the ecumenical creeds and Lutheran confessional writings, as the power of God to create and sustain the priesthood of all believers for God’s mission in the world.
The Mission of Trinity Lutheran Church in Carrington, ND shall be:
- To proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To nurture the Christian faith through an educational program for all ages.
- To generate evangelistic enthusiasm for sharing the message of God’s reconciling grace in the community.
- To help people identify their particular gifts, talents, & resources and then help them find outlets for the use of these gifts.
- To develop and foster the congregation of a caring Christian community.
- To actively participate in the world-wide mission of the church body in which Trinity Lutheran Church has its membership.
It is our goal that each group or activity of Trinity Lutheran Church will:
- Include a clear spiritual emphasis (This may be in the form of prayer, devotions, worship, scripture reading, music)
- Help foster understanding of what it means to be a Lutheran Christian.
- Help individuals apply their Christian faith in daily living.
- Encourage fellowship as Christians. This includes on awareness of, and a Christian response to the needs and joys of others.
- Incorporate evangelism by reaching out with the good news of the gospel. This includes Trinity, the community and beyond.
- Help make people aware of their role as stewards In God’s kingdom. This means identification of time, talents, and resources which have been given to us and using them as God directs.